Google Adsense Program:
Google AdSense is an advertising program run by Google that allows website owners and content creators to monetize their online content. It is one of the most popular and widely used advertising networks on the internet.
Here’s how Google AdSense works:
- Website Ownership: You need to have a website, blog, or a platform with valuable content that adheres to Google’s policies and guidelines. The content can be in the form of articles, videos, or other digital media.
- Ad Placement: Once you have a website and are approved for AdSense, Google provides you with a code snippet that you need to add to your website’s HTML. This code will display targeted ads based on the content of your website.
- Contextual Targeting: AdSense uses contextual targeting to analyze the content of your webpages and display relevant ads that match the user’s interests and search history. This helps in increasing the chances of users clicking on the ads.
- Cost-Per-Click (CPC) or Cost-Per-Impression (CPM): Advertisers bid on specific keywords and placements through the Google Ads platform. When a visitor clicks on an ad (CPC) or when the ad is displayed to a visitor (CPM), you as the publisher earn a portion of the advertising revenue. The amount you earn can vary based on the competition for the keywords and the niche of your website.
- Payment: Google handles the payment process, and once you reach the payment threshold (usually $100), you can receive your earnings via various payment methods.
- AdSense Policies: It’s crucial to adhere to Google’s AdSense policies to ensure compliance and maintain a good standing with the program. Violating policies could result in account suspension or termination.
How To Get Google Adsense Approval for Your New Website ?
Getting approved for Google AdSense requires meeting certain eligibility criteria and adhering to their policies. Here are some key factors that can increase your chances of approval:
- Website Content: Your website should have original, valuable, and relevant content. It should not violate any copyright laws, and the content must be unique to your site. Avoid any form of plagiarism or scraping content from other sources. All content will be unique. But minimum 60 – 70 % content must be unique.
- Website Design and Navigation: Ensure your website has a clean and user-friendly design. The navigation should be intuitive, making it easy for users to find what they are looking for.
- Sufficient Content: Google generally prefers websites with a good amount of content before they are eligible for AdSense. Although there is no specific word count requirement, having several well-written articles will improve your chances of approval.
- Prohibited Content: Ensure your website doesn’t contain any prohibited content, such as adult content, violence, hate speech, illegal activities, or content promoting drugs or weapons.
- Domain Age: While there is no strict minimum domain age requirement, having a domain that has been active for at least a few months can increase your chances of approval.
- Traffic Source: Google wants to see organic traffic coming to your website. Avoid using artificial means to generate traffic, such as buying traffic or engaging in click exchanges.
- Compliance with Webmaster Guidelines: Ensure that your website complies with Google’s Webmaster Guidelines, which cover best practices for SEO, site structure, and overall website quality.
How To Apply Google Adsense for Approval ?
Once your website meets these criteria, you can proceed with the AdSense application process:
- Sign Up: Go to the Google AdSense website (https://www.google.com/adsense/) and sign up for an account using your Google account.
- Add the Ad Code: After signing up, you will receive a code snippet from AdSense. Place this code on your website where you want the ads to appear. Make sure to add it correctly to avoid any issues with approval.
- AdSense Review Process: Google will review your website and application. The review process can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Be patient during this time.
- Approval or Rejection: Once the review is complete, you will receive an email notifying you of the approval or reasons for rejection. If your application is rejected, you can make the necessary improvements and reapply.
How to Fix Error of Adsense Rejection ?
Receiving a rejection from Google AdSense can be disappointing, but it’s not uncommon. There are various reasons why your application might have been rejected. Here are some common reasons for AdSense rejection:
- Insufficient Content: Your website might not have enough original and valuable content. There needs minimum 30-40 content. Google prefers websites with substantial content that provides value to users.
- Low-Quality Content: If your content is poorly written, contains grammar errors, or lacks relevance, it can lead to rejection.
- Prohibited Content: Your website might have violated AdSense policies by containing content related to adult material, violence, hate speech, illegal activities, or other prohibited topics.
- Copyright Infringement: If your website has content copied from other sources without proper permission or attribution, it can lead to rejection.
- Poor Website Design or User Experience: A badly designed website with confusing navigation or excessive ads can result in rejection.
- Insufficient Traffic: While there is no specific traffic requirement, having too little traffic might impact your chances of approval.
- Young Domain: If your domain is very new, it might be a factor in the rejection. Google prefers websites with a bit of history and reputation.
- Invalid Traffic or Click Activity: Google is very strict about invalid traffic, such as click fraud or artificially generated clicks. If they suspect any fraudulent activity, your application may be rejected.
If your application was Rejected, You may take necessary steps for adsense approval :
- Review Policies: Carefully review Google AdSense policies and guidelines to ensure your website complies with them.
- Improve Content: Focus on creating high-quality, original, and valuable content that is relevant to your target audience.
- Enhance Website Design: Make sure your website is user-friendly, with easy navigation and a clean design.
- Check Traffic Sources: Ensure your website is receiving organic traffic and avoid any prohibited methods of generating traffic.
- Fix Technical Issues: Check for any technical issues that might have affected your application and resolve them.
- Wait Before Reapplying: If your application was rejected recently, give yourself some time to make improvements before reapplying.